School age children make up the largest percentage of clientele in most sports facilities. So how do you earn money before 3:00 PM Monday through Friday? You get creative. This is when it’s time to think outside the box. How could your facility be used in other ways?
You could offer programming:
- Home School Physical Education Credits – Did you know that children who are home schooled still need to earn P.E. credits? You could offer a gym class, or a specific sports clinic to help them earn those credits.
- Adult Exercise Programming – Many adults want to get in shape without the monotony of walking on a treadmill and using nautilus machines. That’s where adult fitness classes can come into play. Whether it’s yoga, boot camp, or a lunch-time basket ball pickup game, you would be surprised how many adults want to come and play.
- Physical Education Training for the Armed Services – Recruiters and others in the Armed Services are sometimes required to continue physical training, and new recruits are encouraged to train before going to boot camp. Does your facility have trainers who could lead these sessions?
You could host someone else’s program:
- Silver Sneakers – Silver Sneakers is a fitness program designed specifically for older adults. It is delivered through a nationwide network of participating fitness locations. Could you become a Silver Sneakers partner?
- Training Programs – Would your facility be conducive for hosting a meeting or training program? For example, Red Cross Sports Safety Training. This program teaches first aid, CPR and AED skills needed to provide immediate care to an injured or suddenly ill athlete. That means participants will consist mostly of coaches and parents-who may also become very interested in what your facility has to offer!
These are just a few examples of how you can generate more revenue throughout the day within your sports facility. There are limitless revenue channels out there; you just need to tap into them.
If you would like to consult with Mike Meszaros about how to maximize profit in your sports facility, please call (513) 791-4940.