The holidays are approaching, and families are assembling their shopping lists. Your clients will be looking for memorable gifts for their loved ones. Amid all the ads for toys and electronics, will they think of your sports facility as a prime shopping spot?
- You probably know that the holiday season’s busiest shopping day is the day after Thanksgiving, or “Black Friday.” Decide now which special discounts you will offer that day and make sure they’re planned out in detail, then use use email marketing, your web site, and signage at your facility to let your clients know about these upcoming specials. Many sports facilities offer a few different specials – a more deeply discounted one for Black Friday only, and another, less discounted option for a few weeks afterward.
- As you decide which specials to offer, keep in mind that this is a great time to bolster your weaker revenue channels, as well as your stronger ones. Consider offering discounts on services from various categories.
- To encourage customers to buy, place a limit on the number of discounted services you will sell, and stick to it.
- Market your discounts by encouraging adults to get a jump start on their New Years Resolutions or avoid holiday weight gain. Remind your clients that fitness gifts are much more useful to their friends’ and family’s well being than many tangible objects they might be considering buying instead.
- Try to offer enough sessions of training or practice that your clients really will see a difference by the end of their training.
- Since these will be purchased as gifts, consider including a piece of your facility’s merchandise in the sale of services, or at least have printed certificates or cards prepared to give out. (If you have a scheduling software like eSoft Planner, paper certificates aren’t necessary for more than show.)
Please don’t delay in planning these promotions – time is quickly running out to take advantage of a very important season for your sports facility.
If you would like to consult with Mike Meszaros about how to maximize profit in your sports facility, please call (513) 791-4940.